Thursday, October 2, 2014

November 2014 Model Railroader 3-D Printing


I wrote an article in the November issue of Model Railroader about how to get started in 3-D printing without spending a bunch of money on software and a personal 3-D printer. So, check that out. And if you don’t want to go through the aggravation of learning how to do 3-D design, I’m always available for hire to design whatever you want.

Also, I’m making more stuff available in HO. The most recent addition is a MK1500D shell made possible by The Port Terminal Railroad Association.

And finally, the price structure for the WSF material is changing Oct. 7, 2014. The material is getting cheaper but it is getting much more expensive for models that take up a lot of space relative to the amount of material used to print them. I don’t have much WSF stuff for sale on Shapeways but most of what little I do have will be getting more expensive soon.