Friday, December 26, 2014

West Florida Rails in Color, Vol 2 = Excellent


I just got West Florida Rails in Color, Vol 2: The Emery Gulash Color Photography of SCL Seaboard System 1970-1987 by Jerry Pinkepank. At first I was initially a bit disappointed to see very limited Bone Valley action in the book, but then I read in the book that volume 3 will be dedicated to the Bone Valley. So, volume 3 should be amazingly good in relation to my interests. The book covers a good chunk of Florida, including areas such as Cane Country, the Lakeland Sub, and even some pictures from the Perry Subdivision. Naturally though, I enjoyed the Palmetto Sub and Tampa Terminal the most. And volume 3 promises even more Palmetto Sub action. This book replaces the old black and white book Seaboard Coast Line in Florida as my favorite railroad book. And I expect volume 3 will likely be even better than 2. In the meantime, given how much I like volume 2, I’m also going to get volume 1, which covers ACL & SAL 1957-1967 — even though I’m less interested in that era than 70-87. Overall, I highly recommend the book for Florida railfans.